Module 4: Career Placement (Resume writing, interviewing, and professional handshake.)
- Recruiters spend an average of only 5 to 7 seconds looking at a resume.
- 76% of resumes are discarded for an unprofessional email address.
- The rejection rate of resumes that include a photo is 88%.
- While the average length of an interview is 40 minutes, a survey of 2000 interviewers indicated that 33% of them know within the first 90 seconds if they will hire that candidate.
- Non-verbal mistakes lead to elimination in an interview: inappropriate attire or unprofessional behavior at the door (55%), bad posture (33%), weak handshake (26%), and crossing their arms over their chest during the interview (21%).